Have you ever dreamed of writing your own song? Go on a songwriting adventure by co-creating a personalized song (even if you don’t have a musical bone in your body). Watch how Joellen & I wrote a song that helped her find clarity, purpose, and fresh perspective…
THE SONGWRITING ADVENTURE BEGINS…
I’m offering a new and experiential songwriting / coaching combo where we work together to co-create a personalized song about whatever topic is important to you. Over the period of a few sessions (which can happen virtually) you will end up with a song that is YOURS.
WHY A SONG?
As I’ve been writing songs over the past 28+ years (wow, that makes me sound so old), I’ve noticed that sometimes words aren’t enough. Sometimes, words need a melody and the echo of guitar strings and piano keys to hold them together. Some songs have been used to express what I’m feeling about a situation… or to honour someone I love… or to grieve. Sometimes our emotions just don’t make sense until we put them to music. Songwriting can bring healing, freedom, and connection. We can create something meaningful together.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Meet for 3 weekly sessions of 1.5 hours each (in person or over Zoom).
- Share ideas & demo tracks between sessions.
- Produce a simple but quality recording of your song with Nico on vocals and piano or guitar.
The lyrics of my life didn’t make sense until Nico helped me frame them in a song.— Joellen Putnam | Co-writer of “flowerfly“
IDEAS & EXTRAS
- Write a song for your partner (or soon-to-be partner as a wedding song), child, parent or someone you love.
- Express a part of you that has never had a melody.
- Process a hard situation.
- Remember a highlight of your life.
- Dedicate a song to someone you love.
- Turn a journal entry or poem into a musical expression.
- Have this song professionally recorded with multiple instruments (extra cost).
- Sing on your own track (if you’re insecure about your voice, don’t worry, you’re like 99% of the singing population).
- Create a music video of the song.
SONGWRITING ADVENTURE COMPLETED PROJECTS
Check out some of the songs that have been co-created…